Optical Lab Manager - Eyeglasses
Company: Eyeglass World
Posted on: October 6, 2021
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see
their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye
care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
As part of the National Vision family of optical retailers,
Eyeglass World keeps customers happy with an impressively wide
range of services and products. Recently named to the top 3
of Newsweek America’s Best Customer Service 2019, Eyeglass World
has over 100 locations across the United States.
We are looking for a Optical Lab Manager to join our
growing team. The Lab Manager will provide excellent customer
service while meeting company sales goals.
The Lab Manager seeks to make the world's happiest customers by
providing a seamless experience throughout the customer's eyewear
life and ensures other associates do the same. This position
oversees the operation of the lab and ensures quality and same day
service standards are met. This position also supervises the Lab
- Optimizes and oversees the Lab to ensure efficiency and
compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and creates an action plan for
improvement. Provides world-class service by treating customers
with respect, providing prompt and courteous service, and listening
and understanding their needs.
- Executes same day service using “Ready When Promised”
- Performs machine maintenance to ensure that all lab equipment
is clean and in good working order according to standards.
Addresses immediately all equipment malfunctions and informs the
General Manager and retail staff of any production delays.
- Ensures that all safety rules and standards are followed,
including making sure that all Lab Technicians, wear protective
eyewear in the lab at all times.
- Assists in controlling inventory shrinkage through the
monitoring and recording of breakage and accurate
inventories. Ensures that the store maintains a proper level
of lenses and lab supplies to provide prompt customer service.
- Supervises and motivates Lab Technician(s) and ensures the
timely completion of day-to-day functions.
- Assists the General Manager with recruiting, selecting and
retaining a high caliber lab staff.
- Delegates work functions to team members in an appropriate
manner in order to maximize organizational goals and individual
- Ensures lab associate scheduling complies with payroll
guidelines while considering skill level.
- Ensures that all lab associates are properly trained on all lab
equipment and they continue to develop their knowledge of
laboratory techniques. Partners with the Training Department and
Employee Relations to ensure all training and development occur on
time and when needed for each associate.
- Completes annual performance reviews along with continuous
coaching conversations with all associates.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including
Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending
Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life
Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our
website www.nationalvision.com to
Keywords: Eyeglass World, Folsom , Optical Lab Manager - Eyeglasses, Other , Folsom, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!