Company: Top Grade Construction
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Established in 1921, Goodfellow Bros. (GBI) is a large
heavy-civil contractor with operations throughout the West Coast &
Hawaii. Our company is a fourth generation, family-owned business
celebrating 100 years of experience in the industry. We have earned
a reputation for professionalism and integrity that reflects our
longstanding commitment to the individuals, business and resources
of the communities in which we live and work.
GBI has always maintained that our employees are our greatest
asset and we are now seeking to add to our team. Our California
region is looking for an individual to join our team as a Project
Engineer! This position is based out of our Folsom, CA office.
The Project Engineer (PE) reports to Regional Management or
designated Project Manager and is responsible for administrating
the technical aspects of assigned projects. The PE works closely
with owners, subcontractors, vendors, utility companies and local
state and federal agencies to ensure work is being completed on
schedule and on budget. The PE also works harmoniously with the
craft and salary employees creating a team environment, and may
supervise other employees.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel as
needed, both in-state and out-of-state.
- Analyze information gathered at site inspection, blue prints,
specifications, proposals and other documentation. Must have a
basic understanding of surveying practices and accompanying
- Coordinates/conducts pre-construction surveys to identify
potential risks. Verifies original site conditions and attends
- Coordinates project schedule and monitors overall construction
- Must understand the bidding process and be able to comprehend
complex math concepts.
- Reviews subcontract quotations with project Estimator.
Participates in subcontract negotiations and subcontract
preparation. Works directly with subcontractors and monitors
subcontractor pay estimates and submittals.
- Keeps Regional Management advised of progress and checks
subcontractor work to ensure conformity with project plans and
specifications. Coordinates subcontractor meetings as
- Review vendor/supplier quotations with project Estimator.
Timely orders contract materials, remains abreast of delivery
schedules and inventories all delivered materials. Works directly
with vendors/suppliers. Monitors all required submittals
(Certificates, shop drawings, catalog cuts, samples etc.) and
ensure that all pay invoices are reviewed, cost coded, approved and
submitted for payment. Advise Project Manager of delivery schedules
and checks materials to ensure they conform with project plans,
specifications and invoicing.
- Finalizes shoring, framework and traffic designs and
communicates completed designs to regional or project
- Coordinates material deliveries in accordance with progress
schedule and adjust as necessary due to changes. Makes daily
production materials lists and identifies materials needed for
- Assures that details and submittals are received, submitted and
processed. Supervises submittal of control data.
- Maintains project files, such as plans, specifications, budget
information, schedules correspondence and design changes
- Coordinates Quality Control testing and inspection by various
agencies and/or third parties.
- Obtains necessary utility clearances and required permits.
- Prepares, processes and submits project documentation, such as
RFI's shop drawings and notifications of changes to owner for
approval. Maintains current RFI and Submittal Logs.
- Estimates, prepares and submits Change Order requests to Owner
and negotiates Change Orders with Owner. This includes all costs
associated with change including, direct labor costs, equipment
costs, material costs, subcontract costs and project overhead
costs. Maintains current Change Order Log and follows up with Owner
- Prepares job cost breakdown and summary of major deviation
items. Develops, maintains and monitors CPM schedule, quantity
maintenance reports, weekly labor reports, budget maintenance,
adjustment reports, production studies, job progress reports and
job cost analysis reports. Submits approved job cost breakdown
and/or budget revisions to accounting.
- Serves as Company liaison for projects by relaying information
(both verbally and in writing) to Owner, local state and federal
agencies, consulting engineers, utility companies, contractors and
- Oversees the implementation of adequate safety plans, safety
meetings, method statements and safe working practices as required
by the Company and the state. Must be able to comprehend and follow
occupational safety and health regulations, other state and federal
regulations governing the construction industry and Company
practices and procedures.
- Understands and applies terms and conditions of union master
agreements for all trades.
- Prepares and processes all project closing documentation
("as-built" drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, final
acceptance letters, Notice of Completion, final billing invoices,
retention billing and obtains lien releases from subcontractors and
- Must have excellent communication skills to work effectively
with customers, management, vendors, utility companies and local
state and federal agencies
- Must understand different signals used at construction
Required Skills / Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil
- Minimum 18 months experience in Heavy Civil Construction
- Must have computer experience using HCSS Heavy Job, Microsoft
Word, Excel and Project. Vista Software is a plus.
- Valid Driver's License with clean driver's abstract
- Obtains and maintains CPR, AED and First Aid certification,
OSHA 30, MUTCD Supervisor
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning
equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly
encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and
veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing,
Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against
individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to
the employer or the government, or against any individuals who
assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or
otherwise oppose discrimination.
Keywords: Top Grade Construction, Folsom , Project Engineer, Other , Folsom, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!