Vice President, Product Management
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position, under the direction of the Chief Product Officer,
is responsible for driving and executing the direction,
coordination, quality and output of the Cross-Portfolio,
PowerSchool Platform, and Product Operations teams. This position
is responsible for definition of high-value extensions and
enhancements to PowerSchool's product portfolio. This position
ensures that employees apply incremental delivery principles to
working practices, driving the delivery of value through operation
and program teams, communicating progress, eliciting feedback, and
enabling stakeholder reviews for validation in the process.
Additionally, the role provides leadership and guidance to create a
cross-functional team of top level, high-performing product
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be a catalyst for innovation and growth within Portfolio
- Leadership to ensures roadmap plans are aligned with portfolio
vision, business objectives, market needs, and competitive
- Lead the development and implementation of the product roadmap
process across teams
- Contributes to overall PowerSchool product portfolio strategy
- Senior product expert positioned as a key resource with
clients, prospects, and partners
- Stay abreast of changing industry trends, market dynamics, and
regulations affecting product development
- Manage a team of product management professionals for platform
initiatives (shared service capabilities, interoperability
- Assesses needs and opportunities for Platform capabilities
through research and feasibility analysis.
- Lead team that manages, gathers, and analyzes competitive
intelligence data for all product lines.
- Participates in product modification, support cost reduction,
margin analysis, forecasting, product positioning and pricing
- Work closely with the field sales team both pre-sale and
post-sale, particularly as product expert and in designing
solutions for K12 customers
- Lead the writing and curation of clear, detailed business
requirements for product and project initiatives
- Assist in creating go to market strategies
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty and
responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 10-15 years of product management experience with progressive
growth in management and leadership responsibility
- Minimum 8-10 years of management of other professionals
(performance reviews/ evaluations)
- Experience working in Scaled Agile Framework software
- Understanding of K12 District needs for ed tech tools across
all stakeholders (classroom, parents, business operations, HR,
Professional Development, College & Career readiness, data
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and
efficiently to achieve overall team as well as personal goals.
- Exceptional client-facing skills.
- Manage multiple projects/products simultaneously
- Effective under pressure and results oriented
- JIRA, Confluence, Aha!, Salesforce, Domo knowledge
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous
projects and initiatives
- Strong organizational skills
- Exhibit intelligent decisiveness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - able to present
or communicate at all levels of the organization
- Microsoft Office 365, Word and Excel proficiency, general
- Manage and leader others effectively, growing the skill set and
capabilities of the team holistically and for each individual
- Able to coach others to use your extensive knowledge of Agile
frameworks and mindset
- Able to cope with strict time management requirements
- Able to build, communicate, and effectively manage a
- Able to work cohesively with a team and show leadership through
influence, not power
- Follow and complete directives in a timely manner
- Excellent ability to listen for both what is and is not being
said - seek to understand before being understood
- Able to operate within a structured environment, but willing to
foresee and/or solve problems when they arise.
Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Self-evaluation and motivation toward expanded growth and
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability,
age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture
empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our
customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we
celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and
need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let
us know by emailing email@example.com.
Keywords: PowerSchool, Folsom , Vice President, Product Management, Other , Folsom, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!