Loan Processing Manager
Company: Guild Holdings Company
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since
1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the
home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing
for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while
providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the
Monitors the pipeline and metrics for a district or a region to
ensure timely loan turnarounds and closures. Coach and review the
work of Loan Processors to ensure compliance with Company,
secondary market investor, and government agency standards. Update
internal procedures and train processing staff on existing, new and
changed federal and state regulations. Ensure overall quality and
integrity of loan files while maintaining quality customer
- Monitor overall pipeline and metrics for team, and ensure
workloads are adjusted as needed.
- Provide training, guidance and coaching to Processors to
address and clarify issues related to procedures and requirements,
products, systems, required documents and industry changes.
- Train processors on pipeline management, processing skills, and
internal and external customer service standards.
- Coordinate and manages daily work flow requirements and
facilitates communications between processing and the Funding and
- Perform spot checks of loans submitted to processing to ensure
completeness, accuracy and timeliness from Sales.
- Review loan applications and documentation to ensure accuracy,
completeness and compliance with Company standards, federal and
agency regulations, standards, and guidelines, as well as any
applicable state-specific and or local regulations, ordinances,
- Ensure Processors achieve productivity objectives and customer
- Conduct new and ongoing training for Processors.
- Ensure compliance and take action required to address audit
- Escalate issues as needed and follows up to ensure timely
- Receive escalation issues and ensure additional requirements
for processing loans are communicated.
- Participate and make recommendations related to staff changes,
interviews and selection of new hires, internal promotions,
performance evaluations, recognition, employee relations issues,
and disciplinary actions.
- Identify and escalate potential fraud issues.
- Stay current with federal, state regulations, policies and
- Host regular meetings for processing staff.
- Participate in other monthly staff meetings.
- Monitor various reports to identify possible training
- May assist with processing loans when volumes require
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college
courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/
Accounting, Legal, or related field is preferred.
- Seven or more years total work experience required that
includes progressively responsible positions processing loans
(Conventional, FHA, Bond, USDA loans, and FHA and VA
new-construction documentation and approvals for condominium
- Two or more years of prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to build strong relationships with loan officers,
production, underwriting, closing and other internal and external
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written
- Expert level knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory
requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending and
internal processes and controls.
- Expert level knowledge of valid documentation related to the
processing consumer mortgage applications (e.g., tax returns,
financial statements and records, verification of income and
- Sound judgment, ability to think critically, including the
ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, determine
the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks for self and others in a
deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and
- Ability to be patient and train less experienced team members,
respond to questions, build capability.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Prior experience using internal data entry systems, Microsoft
Word, Excel and PDF/Document Retention programs.
- General supervision of work
- High independent judgment and discretion used in
decision-making and assessment of team members
- Uses sound judgment in executing core job responsibilities and
making work assignments
- Depending on experience, supervision is infrequent
- Provide guidance to resolve/escalate issues of moderate
- Travel: 30%
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and
associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal
conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive,
distinguish and interpret information received visually and through
audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed
on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- Environmental: Office environment - no substantial exposure to
adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive
compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Guild Holdings Company, Folsom , Loan Processing Manager, Other , Folsom, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!