Sr Regional Transmission Engineer
Company: California Independent System
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under the general direction of the Manager, the Sr Regional
Transmission Engineer performs highly complex CAISO transmission
system planning and engineering analyses, acts as a subject matter
expert, and provides power systems expertise in support of
transmission system planning policies and decisions. Participates
in WECC system planning studies. Provides technical training and
expertise and guidance to other Regional Transmission Engineering
What's In it for You
Be a part of our purpose in leading the way to tomorrow's energy
network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend
on electricity in their everyday lives.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that
will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside
our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your
contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
What You Will Be Doing
- Takes a leadership role in performing, reviewing and approving
technical and economic assessments and analyses of the transmission
grid. Studies may include but are not limited to: transmission
planning analyses, new generation interconnections, power flow,
transient stability and post-transient analysis, local capacity
requirements. Develops and recommends projects and/or operating
procedures to meet identified needs.
- Performs planning studies and produces annual transmission
plans in coordination with transmission owners, neighboring
systems, and stakeholders.
- Provides ongoing active participation in, guidance to, and
technical support related to transmission system, renewable
integration, smart grid, customer services group, market operations
and operations engineering and provides technical support to other
departments within the ISO as required.
- Anticipates, identifies and resolves engineering-related
problems and potential problems. May propose solutions to issues
and problems outside of assigned areas of responsibility. Prepares
and conducts path rating studies and contingency analyses
(including power flow, stability, and post-transient analyses) to
maintain reliable operation of the grid.
- Implements Transmission Planning Process, and Generation
Interconnection Process Business Practice Manuals. Self certifies
that all NERC Standards applicable to a Planning Coordinator are
- Provides ISO management and other external entities with
essential information relating to the ISO controlled grid and
- Represents the ISO's interests in applicable WECC and related
committees, work groups, and other public and industry forums.
Keywords: California Independent System, Folsom , Sr Regional Transmission Engineer, Other , Folsom, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!