Who We Are
Newport helps companies offer their associates a more secure
financial future through retirement plans, insurance and consulting
services. Newport offers comprehensive plan solutions and
consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve
them. As a provider and partner, Newport is independent,
experienced and responsive.
Position Location: This position is flexible to be remote now.
As Newport begins to transition back to the office, this position
will be required to be in the office daily. Location is on Iron
Point just down from Kaiser. COVID protocols are in place per
county/state and/or Newport rules & policy.
Job Summary: Perform duties to ensure all retirement
transactions are processed timely and accurately, working within
the limits of standard practice.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
- Completion of daily recordkeeping Operations processing volumes
and related tasks in accordance with Newport service level
- Complete Quality Assurance work flow steps for transactions as
required in the work flow system
- Work cross functionally to maintain reconciled positions within
the Trust/Custodial accounts
- Ability to understand plan setting requirements and
specifications to identify potential transactional issues
- Maintain data within the recordkeeping and ancillary
- Utilize custodial and ancillary systems as required
- Adhere to all Newport standard operating procedures and
- Manage multiple tasks effectively by balancing high
productivity with excellent service quality
- Pursue resolution of aged items with internal departments and
- Research and resolve any issues that occur through the client
and/or client service managers.
Required Education, Experience and certificates, licenses,
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field or industry
experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years' experience working in a related position in the
retirement services sector.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a
high degree of urgency and accuracy
- Good written and oral communication skills, strong attention to
- Strong MS Office skills to include excel.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
Preferred (but not required) education or skills for this role
- Prior experience with Relius and/or DST/SS&C TRAC
recordkeeping administration system a plus
- Familiarity with trading and cash reconciliation concepts
- Client Focus
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organizing
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Newport offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory
completion of our employment screening process (including, but not
limited to, a review of past employment and education records,
background investigation, and/or credit check and
Newport unequivocally rejects racism and discrimination of any
kind and fosters an environment of belonging to provide access and
opportunity for all. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin,
age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran
status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and