Sr. RF & Microwave Design Engineer
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Title: Sr. RF & Microwave Design Engineer
Job ID: AS20212701-55706
Job Location:Folsom, CA
Narda Microwave-West, a wholly owned subsidiary of L3Harris
Technologies, Inc., manufactures state-of-the-art passive and
active microwave components and sub-systems used in commercial and
military space, airborne, and ground-based systems. NMW is a
supplier of choice with unsurpassed performance, quality, and
In this vital engineering position you will be responsible for
development of passive microwave components including filters,
multiplexers, couplers, power dividers, etc. for commercial
communications and high-reliability space applications
- Communications with customers, project documentation,
collaborating with mechanical designers, manufacturing and quality
personnel to ensure all products are fully compliant electrically,
mechanically, and that all the contractual requirements, (i.e.
schedule, data items, etc.) are met.
- Design new products from start to finish according to
customers' specifications. This includes circuit and module design,
scheduling, interfacing with technicians and some mechanical
- Interface with customers on specifications, performance and
- Test new designs in the lab.
- Interface with manufacturing to troubleshoot problems in
- Present designs to customers in formal design reviews which may
include circuit design theory, system design, thermal analysis,
reliability analysis, schedule, production readiness and quality
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active security
- BSEE (MSEE preferred) and at least 5 years of experience in the
design of passive microwave components such as power dividers,
filters, couplers, switches and multi-function assemblies.
- Must have extensive experience in computer aided design with
software tools such as AWR, ADS, Genesys, Microwave Office, HFSS
- Broad knowledge of assembly techniques and microwave testing up
through at least 30GHz is strongly desired.
- Experience at higher frequencies would be a plus and experience
designing Hi-Rel and/or space-qualified components and sub-systems
is very highly desirable.
- Design expertise using Lumped Element, microstrip, stripline,
slotline and coplanar waveguide structures is required.
- Experience designing space-qualified components and sub-systems
is highly desirable.
- A self-starter and have excellent verbal and written
Keywords: L3Harris, Folsom , Sr. RF & Microwave Design Engineer, Other , Folsom, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!