Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery
stores, complete with our own distribution centers and
transportation network. We're proud to operate across 10 states
west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe,
as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in
the United States and is #59 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with
low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $30 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Maintains and replenishes stock in a safe and efficient manner
to meet customer purchasing needs. Consistently provides friendly,
courteous customer service to internal and external customers.
Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Maintains the quality condition of all products; stocks,
rotates, and faces product; discards outdated and spoiled products
and maintains stockroom.
- Orders products, cuts cases, stacks, prices and marks
- Builds product displays and operates related equipment such as
hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment.
- Assists customers with questions.
- Performs occasional checking duties with an emphasis on
providing friendly, courteous, customer service.
- Cuts boxes in a precise manner and places small containers on
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal
and external customers.
Work varied hours between day shifts and stocking overnight in a
24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
Ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Conduct visual inspection of merchandise being placed on
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions
and weights up to 30 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally,
within the range of floor level to overhead.
- Push and pull hand trucks and pallet jacks containing product
of substantial weight.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental
- Perform basic math (add subtract, multiply and divide).
- Learn and memorize location of products, check stand and
keyboard procedures, company policies, PLU codes, inventory control
merchandising, and shipping and receiving procedures.
- Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination to move
- Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor
- Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools
and work aides.
- Work in freezer and cooler.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Manual dexterity for placement of small items on hooks, on
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Pallet jacks, hand truck, garbage and card board
- Electronic fork lift as needed.
- Box Knife
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws.
The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of
personnel so classified may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety
of perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Folsom , Variety Stocker, Other , Folsom, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!