Principal RF Engineer
Company: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Are you ready to unleash your technical creativity? Dream,
Innovate, Inspire and Empower the next generation to transform
humanity through technology and imagination! As a Principal RF
Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to design,
develop, and test our complex products and technologies. These
cover a very wide range from state of the art mission payloads and
electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital
and space exploration systems. You'll be responsible for RF
front-end design, radio propagation modeling and prediction,
microwave path analysis, interference analysis and filter design,
RF frequency planning, analog-to-digital conversion, and circuit
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area
provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications,
integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide.
The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of
Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and
international customers with years of experience in platform
operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across
domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
- Bachelor's Degree in RF Engineering or related Engineering
discipline and typically 14 or more years of relevant
- Higher-level degree may substitute for relevant
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles and
practices, including various RF modeling, analysis
techniques, and tools
- Progressive experience working in multi-disciplinary
design & development teams
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance is
required. Learn more about the background check process
for Security Clearances
- Experience with the design, simulation, fabrication, and test
of wideband (>5:1) arrays.
- Understanding of, or experience with, photonics and hybrid
RF-photonics devices and principles.
- Knowledge of industry standard RF principles as they apply to
design, analysis, and test.
- Understanding of techniques to perform RF analysis such as
cosite, link budgets, RF chains, and antenna patterns.
- Experience with analysis software applications such as Altair
FEKO, ANSYS HFSS, ANSYS EMIT, ANSYS SAVANT/SBR+, CST Studio Suite,
Keysight Genesys, Sonnet Professional, AWR Microwave Office, AWR
Visual Systems Simulator (VSS), and MATLAB.
- Experience with Schematic capture and PCB layout & viewer tools
such as Mentor Graphics Xpedition, PADS Power Logic and Layout,
- Capable of developing substantiation documentation to
demonstrate compliance to related requirements and industry
standards to include test plans/reports, analysis documents, and
- Experience with RF test equipment such as Vector Network
Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers and Signal Generators.
- Experience in designing and verifying to MIL-STD-464 and test
procedures of MIL-STD-461.
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, US Department
of Defense and/or US Military.
- Knowledgeable of industry standard RF assemblies and component
selection and developing technical specifications.
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security
Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position
needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S.
Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD
CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects
of the security clearance eligibility process for industry
applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the
eligibility determination include, but are not limited to,
allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference,
criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused
technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and
defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative
U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S.
Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies.
Learn more about SNC
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is
commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical,
dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life
insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or
Keywords: Sierra Nevada Corporation, Folsom , Principal RF Engineer, Other , Folsom, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!