Ctrls System Designer I
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 1, 2021
What you will do
Under direct supervision and using established standards,
responsible for hardware designs and software programming for HVAC
control systems to meet the intent of the project requirements.
Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design
and operation to customers, consultants, Johnson Controls field
installation team and subcontractors. Responds to basic warranty
How you will do it
- Selects hardware designs from standard design library for flow
diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts
and electrical schematics as required.
- Performs software programming using established standards as a
basis of design.
- Coordinates the creation of necessary drawings and equipment
schedules for submittals and installation.
- Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for
assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet
factory and project schedule.
- Responsible for the loading and commissioning of all system and
network-level controllers as required. Responsible for validation
of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with
subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Gathers field changes from the project team and creates
as-built drawings and software. Prepares proper documentation
and/or manuals for system operation.
- Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job
progress and issues.
- Required to perform site-specific training for owner/operator
on the total system.
- Completes paperwork including but not limited to time sheets,
expense reports, and on-site documentation.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee
and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction or HVAC
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, building automation
systems and other building subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage
building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON,
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly
computer-related drafting tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and minimum 3 years'
What else you'll get
Supportive team environment and add to that a competitive
salary, best in class benefits package starting on day 1, which
includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement,
paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Folsom , Ctrls System Designer I, Other , Folsom, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!